SANTA CLARITA – A man and his mother were ordered Tuesday to stand trial on charges of burglary and receiving stolen property in a case in which investigators said the son was shot by a homeowner while the mother waited outside in the getaway car. Michael Lugo, 29, of Palmdale and his mother, Cynthia Brandon, 51, of Pacoima were ordered to return to court March 13 for a pretrial hearing in San Fernando. The duo was arrested Oct. 18 after Brandon flagged down sheriff’s deputies after her son was shot three times by the woman inside the Canyon Country house Lugo had entered without permission, sheriff’s deputies said. Brandon is out of jail on $50,000 bail and Lugo is jailed in lieu of $210,000 in bond. Brandon, according to police reports and testimony, was driving Lugo in a red Dodge Intrepid when he asked her to stop at a house in the 16900 block of Canvas Street. According to the report Lugo knocked on the front door of the home and after getting no response jumped the fence of the residence. There he was confronted by the resident, who, according to reports, shot him in self defense. Lugo’s attorney, county public defender Todd Montrose, argued in court that all counts against Lugo should be dismissed since their was insufficient evidence to prove intent. Brandon’s attorney also moved to dismiss all charges against his client since he said there was no evidence that the woman had ever gotten out of the car or had any knowledge of her son’s intentions. Judge Craig Richman, however, did not agree. “As far as this court is concerned there is sufficient evidence that both defendants were acting together as residential burglars,” Richman said. [email protected] (661) 257-5254160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
0Shares0000Thierry Henry has “everything” to become a good manager, France coach and former international teammate Didier Deschamps said of the newly-named Monaco coach © AFP/File / Valery HACHEPARIS, France, Oct 14 – Thierry Henry has “everything” needed to become a good manager, France coach and former international teammate Didier Deschamps said of the newly-named Monaco coach.“Thierry’s ready,” Deschamps told TF1. “He has everything” to be a good coach. “He’s throwing himself into an exciting, exhilarating project where he’ll have to take responsibility. It’ll be up to him to take the reins.”Former Arsenal star Henry was named Monaco coach on Saturday, his first job in club management after leaving his position with the Belgian national team.The 41-year-old French World Cup winner, who had been working as an assistant to Belgium coach Roberto Martinez since 2016, returns to the club where he began his professional career.Henry replaces Leonardo Jardim, who in 2017 guided Monaco to their first Ligue 1 title since 2000. He was sacked on Thursday after a string of poor results left Monaco in the relegation places.Deschamps, who captained the France team featuring Henry that won the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000, also started his coaching career at Monaco, back in 2001.“The first season was very complicated,” he said, wishing Henry “lots of courage and big success”.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)