Green Mountain Coffee HQ to remain in VT, new plant under development

first_imgSource: August 17, 2009. WATERBURY, Vt.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Following announcements that they would be moving their corporate headquarters from Waterbury, Vermont, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters have revealed that the company will nonetheless remain in Vermont.According to the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters had been planning to relocate out of state, possibly to Seattle, Boston, or Tennessee. The company ultimately chose not to leave Vermont, although it declined to explain what factors were involved in its final decision, or what towns and cities were being considered for the new headquarters.The company said that its CEO, legal department, information technology, finance and corporate-responsibility teams, in addition to sections of human resources, will all be making the move. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters also said that the move would not lesson the importance of their Waterbury facility. The product development team will expand into Waterbury and the village will serve as base for the special coffee business unitGreen Mountain Coffee Roasters also announced that it has chosen Sumner, Washington as the future location for a new manufacturing and distribution facility for its specialty coffee Business unit. The new leased site will support the continued expansion of the Tully s Coffee brand and wholesale business, the national expansion of other brands and the growth of the company s single-cup business. We are extremely excited about joining the Sumner community and are grateful for the support we received from the State of Washington Department of Commerce, the Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County and the City of Sumner, said Jon Wettstein, VP of Supply Chain Operations for GMCR s Specialty Coffee Business Unit. Our investment in a new, modern site in Sumner will complement our existing facilities in our home state of Vermont and in Knox County, Tennessee. It will allow us to accommodate the significant growth and expansion we are planning for the Tully s business, as well as for the expansion of our other brands on the West Coast.The Sumner site is the latest in a series of expansions for GMCR s Specialty Coffee Business Unit. In 2007, new K-Cup production lines were added to its Waterbury plant, and the Company opened a second manufacturing site in Essex, Vermont. In September 2008, the Company opened a facility in Knox County, TN and is in the process of expanding operations there. The Sumner facility is expected to be operational this fall. There are many great cities in Washington, and after an extensive search, GMCR chose Sumner, said Mayor Dave Enslow. That is quite an honor for us, and we re so pleased to welcome GMCR as part of our community. last_img read more

Chelsea demand £80m N’Golo Kante transfer fee

first_img Conte is also keen on fellow Chelsea stars Olivier Giroud and Emerson Palmieri from his former side – although faces a stand-off with Inter to get his transfer requests approved. The Italian outfit also need to raise funds in order to fund a move for Kante, even before trying to match his £150,000-a-week wages. Roberto Gagliardini, Matias Vecino, Marcelo Brozovic and even Eriksen could all be shipped out to finance the transfer. Kante faces a battle for game time in Lampard’s midfield three with Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic and Mason Mount often playing together last term. read also:FA Cup final: N’Golo Kante, Willian hand Chelsea fitness boost Ruben Loftus-Cheek’s return to fitness, Ross Barkley’s form, the emergence of Billy Gilmour and the return of Ethan Ampadu mean the Blues boss is well stocked in midfield, especially with young British players. And the sale of Kante could help cover the costs of Kai Havertz’s transfer from Bayer Leverkusen with the German on the brink of a £90m move. That will take the Blues’ summer spending beyond £200m while Thiago Silva, Malang Sarr and Xavier Mbuyamba joined for free. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”Playing Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThailand’s 10 Most Iconic LandmarksCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better12 Marvel Superheroes Before The FameBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World Chelsea will demand £80million from any club aspiring to hire N’Golo Kante this summers. The Frenchman, 29, is facing an uncertain future with Frank Lampard still seemingly undecided whether or not to keep him in his plans. And according to the Express, the Blues have decided they would accept any offers of £80m should they come in. Inter Milan look the most likely side to land Kante in this transfer window. Former Blues boss Antonio Conte brought Kante from Leicester to Stamford Bridge in 2016. And it is thought the Italian would be keen on a reunion at the San Siro. Conte has already snapped up Alexis Sanchez, Romelu Lukaku, Christian Eriksen, Ashley Young and Victor Moses from the Premier League since joining Inter a year ago. But landing the World Cup and two-time Premier League winner would be a major coup for the Europa League finalists, who are also eyeing Lionel Messi.Advertisementcenter_img Loading… last_img read more

Kenichi’s Diary: Nyaho charges new Hearts coach to win next league season

first_imgA board member of Hearts of Oak Dr. Nyaho Nyaho-Tamakloe has stated that new coach Kenichi Yatsuhashi will be required to win next season’s Ghana Premier League.The Phobians have been mocked by football fans following their decision to appoint the hugely unknown the Japanese-American trainer.Hearts settled on the 46-year-old after failing to reach an agreement with Medeama SC coach Tom Strand.The former African champions struggled in the 2014/15 top flight as they finished 13th with 40 points. They were saved from the drop by a good head-to-head with Hearts of Lions, who were relegated.Dr. Tamakloe has been defending the appointment of Yatsuhashi but notes that new man’s main target is to win next season’s league for the Phobians.“Our aim is to win the league this coming season and that is what he will be told in a very clear language. Anything short of that then he will have problems with management and the board,” he told Joy Sports. On why the Phobians did not go for an established name: “I have handled Hearts [before], years back. And, [at the time] we had from the onset had some experiences with so-called highly respected coaches and they all let us down.“I went in for coach Kobina who was a police officer and he was the man who really put the team on the map internationally so I don’t believe in this certificate thing.”The last time Hearts of Oak won the Ghana Premier League was in 2009.–Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports.last_img read more

Wellington teams split again… Oxford boys win… Conway Springs lose

first_img Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. There are no comments posted yet. Be the first one! Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Sumner Newscow report — The Wellington varsity boys lost to Augusta 64-49 to fall to 1-3 in the Ark Valley Chisholm Trail League Div. IV. The Wellington girls, however, was victorious 40-36. The Wellington girls are 2-2 in the AV-CTL Div. IV.After falling behind 6-0, Wellington had a great first quarter and trailed the Orioles 18-16 at the end of the first quarter. In the second quarter, scoring tapered off with both boys combining for 16 points. The score at half saw Augusta leading 27-23.The third quarter sunk the Crusaders as Augusta outscored Wellington 28-16 and led 55-39. Wellington would go on to lose by 15.Scoring for Wellington were: Trevor Nance 18, Colin Reichenberger 10, Connor Phelps 7, Payton Baker 5, Austin Dunn 4, Wesley Gilmore 3.Things went much better for the girls. It didn’t start out that way, though. Wellington was down 12-4 at the end of the first quarter after making seven turnovers. They were then down 14-4 at the 7:17 mark of the second quarter. However, Wellington came back though and pulled within two, 20-18.That set up a spirited second half. Orioles continued to lead 25-24 after three quarters. In the fourth, Wellington tied it up at 33-all with three minutes to play the would outscore the Lady Orioles 5-1 to lead 38-34 with about 30 seconds to play.Augusta made a layup to pull within two, but Wellington sunk two free throw down the stretch to win.Lauryn Snipes was the leading scorer with 15 points. Tayland French had 8, Taylor Zimmerman 6, Carlie McComb 6, Holly Wright 2, Mireia Salvador 2, and Kelsey Whaley 1. Leading rebounders were Snipes with 10, French 9, McComb 5, Salvador 5, Ledesma 5. Wellington is now 2-2 in league and 4-3 overall. Both teams host Circle on Tuesday, Jan. 14 to wrap up the first half of the league season.In junior varsity action, Wellington boys fell to Augusta 64-49 and the C team lost 55-54. All of Wellington’s scoring were two boys. Hamel had 32 and Driskell had 22.••••Oxford boys 45 Sedan 30Oxford led 10-8 at the end of the first and 22-15 at the half. The Wildcats upped their lead to 10 after three quarters and would go onto win after a 13-8 output in the fourth.“It was a good win for us tonight to open up SCBL league play,” Kyle Green, Oxford head boys basketball coach said. “I felt like we played solid defense tonight. Anytime you hold a team to 30 for a game you should win.”Green said Oxford’s half court offense looked better, and the team got quality shots.“But we missed too many buckets inside the paint. We need to finish,” Green said. “All in all a solid ball game for us though.Oxford hosts Caldwell Tuesday.••••Other Sumner County scores:Boys: Douglass 66 Belle Plaine 47Chaparral 63 Conway Springs 61.Girls: Conway Springs 37 Chaparral 27Douglass 42 Belle Plaine 31.last_img read more

Parents Better Equipped to Raise Their Children

first_img Parents in several communities across the island are now better equipped to discipline their children without using coercive practices, often characterised by hostility and derision.This was facilitated under a parenting education programme implemented by the Citizen Security and Justice Programme (CSJP) III through collaboration with the National Parenting Support Commission (NPSC).A total of 250 parents and community parent trainers (CPTs) graduated from the programme during a ceremony held at the Spanish Court Hotel on Wednesday, October 10.Minister of National Security, Hon. Dr. Horace Chang, in his address at the ceremony, hailed the CSJP III and the NPSC for the initiative, which he said seeks to bring order and a positive framework to “one of the most critical occupations in society”.He urged parents to desist from using corporal punishment as a disciplinary tool and noted that he is happy that the CSJP’s programme aims to support parents in identifying alternative practices.“We are human; we get frustrated. You can get angry, and sometimes you expect the child to understand, but they too are feeling your frustration, and it’s a matter of how you respond. You are to engage them emotionally, to share any moment of frustration in a way that they know that you care about them, that you love them and your objective is to [uplift them],” he pointed out.Dr. Chang argued that changing the style of parenting to one that is focused on care, love and understanding will help to reduce violence in the society. “Give the children a sense of self-worth and self-respect,” he added.CSJP Programme Manager, Simeon Robinson, in his remarks urged the graduates to be ambassadors for effective parenting within their communities.He further challenged them to bring at least one other parent from their communities into the programme.The parenting education programme, conducted from November 2017 to June 2018, aimed to hone the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to raise children with the aptitude to resist violent and antisocial behaviours.The first phase started with the training of 112 CPTs, who provided one-on-one in-home intensive coaching for the parents engaged.Phase two of the initiative saw 50 of the CPTs assigned to 166 families. After some 4,140 home visits, 138 parents completed the programme. Story Highlights A total of 250 parents and community parent trainers (CPTs) graduated from the programme during a ceremony held at the Spanish Court Hotel on Wednesday, October 10. This was facilitated under a parenting education programme implemented by the Citizen Security and Justice Programme (CSJP) III through collaboration with the National Parenting Support Commission (NPSC). Parents in several communities across the island are now better equipped to discipline their children without using coercive practices, often characterised by hostility and derision.last_img read more

One day left submit your short film for a chance to win

first_img Twitter Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Facebook Advertisement How to submit your film.Entries must be under 30 minutes – the shorter the better. Drama, comedy, animation, documentary, sci-fi, horror, music video and experimental are all eligible but must be made by a Canadian writer, director or producer. The festival accepts films released after January 1, 2012.Tyler Parr, a previous winner of the Brian Linehan Actors Award for his work in the film Ironied, said about the NSI Online Short Film Festival: “What’s incredible about the festival is that they recognize precisely the commitment, time, expense and especially the passion that go into making a film. They have professional, dedicated jurors that come from a variety of backgrounds, so you know your film is being received with respect.”The NSI Online Short Film Festival is a year-round Canadian short film showcase with new films added every week. Since launching in 2008, the festival has programmed hundreds of films and awarded over $110K to Canadian media artists. Many of the films are available to watch in the archives.The NSI Online Short Film Festival is made possible through the support of Festival Partner Telefilm Canada; Supporting Sponsors Entertainment One, Super Channel, Corus Entertainment, Blue Ant Media, The Brian Linehan Charitable Foundation and Breakthrough Entertainment; Award Sponsors A&E Television Networks, The Brian Linehan Charitable Foundation and Blue Ant Media; and Industry Partner the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television. Advertisement $3,750 in cash awards are available to be won through the National Screen Institute’s Online Short Film Festival. Films are accepted exclusively through FilmFreeway until Wednesday, December 13, 2017.Films that meet award criteria are eligible for the $1,250 A&E Short Filmmakers Award and the $1,000 Brian Linehan Actors Award. These awards are presented four times a year. The $1,500 Blue Ant Media Documentary Award is presented twice a year. Read about the most recent winners.All NSI Online Short Film Festival winners receive a complimentary Friend membership for the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television and non-acting award winners are qualified to be nominated for a Canadian Screen Award (if award criteria are met). Login/Register With:last_img read more