Germany’s largest offshore wind farm begins full commercial operation

first_imgGermany’s largest offshore wind farm begins full commercial operation FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Renewables Now:The 609-MW Hohe See and Albatros offshore wind farm complex in the German part of the North Sea is now fully operational, EnBW Energie Baden Wuerttemberg AG announced on Friday.With a total of 87 turbines, the offshore wind complex is now Germany’s largest facility of its kind, capable of meeting the power consumption of all homes in Munich. The full completion of the complex came with the grid-connection of the 112-MW Albatros wind farm, which is powered by 16 Siemens Gamesa turbines. Hohe See, its sister wind park, has been generating electricity with its 71 machines since October 2019.The construction of the two power plants was finalised in September last year, according to the schedule.German utility EnBW is the majority owner of the two power plants with a 50.1% stake in each of them. Its partner is Canada’s Enbridge Inc, which owns the remaining 49.9%.[Veselina Petrova]More: Germany has 609-MW offshore wind farm up and runninglast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *