Ghana football chief resigns after corruption suspension

first_img0Shares0000Kwesi Nyantakyi accused “scammers” of tricking him after stepping down as Ghanaian Football Association president © AFP/File / Carl DE SOUZAACCRA, Ghana, Jun 8 – Ghanian Football Association (GFA) president Kwesi Nyantakyi resigned on Friday just hours after world football governing body FIFA hit him with a 90-day suspension over corruption claims.In a statement carried on the GFA website, Nyantakyi apologised “unreservedly” for “a series of errors of indiscretion” after FIFA launched an ethics investigation into his activities. Nyantakyi was accused in an explosive documentary called ‘Number 12’, aired on Wednesday by investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas, of soliciting bribes amounting to several million dollars.The football chief said “scammers” had “deceived me into thinking they were genuine persons interested in investing in our country”.In the documentary he was accused of requesting $11 million (9.3 million euros) from reporters posing as investors to secure government contracts.He also allegedly tried to profit personally from a $5 million-a-year, five-year sponsorship deal with the GFA.Hidden camera footage also purportedly showed referees taking as little as $100 each to rig matches.Ghana’s government on Thursday said the documentary had exposed “gross malfunctioning… characterised by widespread fraud, corruption and bribery” at the GFA.Ghana’s information minister Mustapha Abdul-Hamid said the government would dissolve the GFA because of the “widespread nature of the apparent rot”.FIFA responded earlier on Friday by banning Nyantakyi from “all football-related activity” for 90 days pending an investigation with a possible further suspension of up to 45 days.Football is Ghana’s national sport and the revelations have sent shockwaves through the country, just under a week before the start of the World Cup finals in Russia, for which they failed to qualify.Before the last World Cup in Brazil in 2014, Nyantakyi was accused of signing a $170,000-deal for Ghana to play in a friendly organised by match fixers. He denied the accusations.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Vanessa Grey Hair Designs Half Wig Hairpiece Clip On One Piece Extra Long Burgundy Plum Wine Mix –

first_img I love all vanessa grey products, would highly recommend, i have very fine hair and some bald patches so finding things to boost volume and hide them has filled me with so much confidence, i use ultra violet on my natural hair and then colour match it with burgundy hair pieces, no one can tell ita not my own hair, so happy. Features of Half Wig Hairpiece Clip On One Piece Extra Long Burgundy Plum Wine MixThis ultra-fabulous extension consists of just one layered piece that creates a fantastic, sumptuous, celeb, fashionable style without the hassle of working with several individual wefts.Colour show is 33/301 – Burgundy Wine Mix – Style is Wavy – Affordable and straightforward to use Style that can be put in and taken out in just a matter of minutes. How does Amy get such a fantastic look its simple she uses these.Synthetic Fibres – Japanese kanekalon Weight: 140 grams super quality wavy 24 inches long. Top Quality with a high Strand Density!New with tags, very comfortable easy and secure fit. An instant hair boost!A full set of clips can transform short hair, or be used to bolster out the charm of long hair, giving a nice base for you to create a special look. I love all vanessa grey products, would highly recommend, i have very fine hair and some bald patches so finding things to boost volume and hide them has filled me with so much confidence, i use ultra violet on my natural hair and then colour match it with burgundy hair pieces, no one can tell ita not my own hair, so happy. Beautiful hairpiece, soft and gentle bouncy curl, arrived super fast. Beautiful hairpiece, soft and gentle bouncy curl, arrived super fast. SummaryReviewer Nathalie DuboisReview Date2018-02-27 12:09:37Reviewed Item Half Wig Hairpiece Clip On One Piece Extra Long Burgundy Plum Wine MixRating 1.0 / 5  stars, based on  3  reviewscenter_img Posted on February 27, 2018Author Nathalie DuboisCategories Hair ExtensionsTags Vanessa Grey Hair Designslast_img read more

Newspaper Wants Readers to Pay to Comment

first_imgTags:#news#web Earlier this year, the Sun Chronicle, a small Massachusetts-based newspaper, closed down comments on its website after discussions in the paper’s comment section got out of hand. Now, in order to “encourage intelligent and meaningful conversation,” all posters on the site will have to register with their full name, address, phone number, email and credit card number. Users will have to verify their identity by using their credit card to pay a one-time fee of $0.99 to activate their accounts. All comments will now include the full name and hometown of the commenter.For those of us who regularly frequent the comment sections of blogs and news sites, the revelation that anonymous comments don’t always lead to “intelligent and meaningful conversations” doesn’t come as a surprise. Some sites, including MetaFilter, already charge users a small fee to activate their accounts in order to ensure that commenters are committed to providing quality content (and to keep spammers away). MetaFilter, however, still allows users to remain anonymous.Earlier this week, Blizzard – the company behind the immensely popular World of Warcraft and Starcraft games – announced that it would require users of its forums to use their real names when posting to the company’s forums. This, according to Blizzard, will reduce “flame wars, trolling and other unpleasantness” on the forums. Does Anonymity Only Encourage “Ugly Speech?According to the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s Eva Galperin, however, it’s wrong to assume that online anonymity only enables “ugly speech.” Instead, she argues, that “behind the veil of anonymity, individuals are more free to surface honest observations, unheard complaints, unpopular opinions.”What Do You Think?What do you think? Does the use of real names encourage better online discussions or does it keep users from really expressing their honest opinions? Let us know in the comments (where you can remain fully anonymous). Tip of the hat to TechDirt for spotting this story first. frederic lardinois Related Posts A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai…center_img Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hostinglast_img read more

Mining scam: Another charge sheet against former Goa CM

first_imgA Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the Goa Police probing the ₹35,000-crore mining scams filed another charge sheet against former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat and others on Saturday for illegally condoning the delay of a mining lease. Mr. Kamat has already been charge-sheeted by the SIT in a similar case last month. Superintendent of Police Karthik Kashyap, who heads the SIT, told The Hindu the team had recorded statements of 25 witnesses in the 700-page charge sheet.The charge sheet says, “Accused Digamber Kamat, then Mines and Chief Minister of Goa [from 2007-2012] had condoned delay for renewal of a mining lease of Vaicuntrao Kadnekar and other members of family, by overruling observations of two IAS officers and then Director of Mines to not condone delay. The State government had no powers to condone delay as per law.” It says the leaseholders entered into an agreement with Magnum Minerals, transferring the rights of the lease without approval from the State and Central government and “were allowed to mine iron ore with the blessings of Mr. Kamat.” This resulted in a loss of ₹135 crore to the exchequer. Others named in the charge sheet include retired senior geologist A.T. D’Souza and retired assistant geologist Hector Fernandes from the Department of Mines, and Ravindra Prakash and Prakash Sahu of Magnum Minerals Pvt. Limited.Former Goa Mines Secretary Rajiv Yaduvanshi has turned approver in the case.last_img read more

Eight Naxalites gunned down in Chhattisgarh

first_imgSecurity forces on Thursday killed eight Naxalites, including four women, in an encounter in Chhattisgarh, a senior police official said.A cache of firearms, including two INSAS rifles, was recovered from the encounter site.The gunbattle took place around 6 a.m. in a forest area near Timinar and Pusnar villages along the boundary of Bijapur and Dantewada districts, Deputy Inspector General of Police (anti-Naxal operations) Sundarraj P. said..Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the District Reserve Guard and the Special Task Force launched an operation from Dantewada on Wednesday in the forest area, he said.Exchange of fireWhile the security men were cordoning off the forest areas in Timinar and Pusnar villages in Bijapur, around 450 km from State capital Raipur, an exchange of fire broke out between the two sides on Thursday, he said.The gunbattle lasted for about two hours, following which the Naxalites fled into the core forest area, he said.“After the guns fell silent, bodies of seven Naxalites, including three women, were initially recovered from the spot,” Later, one more body of a woman Naxalite was found, he said.Two INSAS rifles, two .303 rifles, a 12 bore gun and a few muzzle loading guns were also recovered, the DIG said.More details would be known when the security forces returned to their camp, he added.last_img read more

Time to face the monster

first_imgThe league’s winningest coach was referring to three-time Philippine Cup defending champion San Miguel Beermen and their prized big man June Mar Fajardo, the four-time Most Valuable Player.Either way, Cone knows there will be little room for error against a team that packs so much depth and firepower.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“We’re hoping for one heck of a series,” said Cone, after the Gin Kings hammered out a 99-91 victory over the Elasto Painters to complete a sweep of their best-of-three quarterfinal series Wednesday night at Smart Araneta Coliseum.“San Miguel has won the last three championships of this conference for a reason. They’re playing great basketball and they have June Mar (Fajardo). TNT was playing well and they still couldn’t beat San Miguel.” LATEST STORIES Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university PLAY LIST 01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City Read Next The Beermen did not need their twice-to-beat advantage to advance to the semifinals as they bundled out the Texters, 106-93, with Fajardo banging in 35 points.The other semifinal series will feature Magnolia vs NLEX after the Road Warriors also swept Alaska after an 87-83 victory in the other game.This marks NLEX’s first semifinal stint in franchise history.Nonetheless, Cone was relieved to overcome Rain or Shine, which forced them into a triple overtime battle last Friday and put up a brave stand in the quarterfinals, particularly in Game 2 when they came within 92-89 on Beau Belga’s layup with under two minutes remaining.Joe Devance and Japeth Aguilar made back-to-back baskets to push the lead back to seven before LA Tenorio hit three free throws to seal the victory for the Gin Kings, who lost to the Beermen in the finals of last year’s All Filipino tournament.ADVERTISEMENT “It’s a huge relief to get through (Rain or Shine) and now we face the monsters that’s San Miguel and June Mar,” he said. LOOK: Iya Villania meets ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ cast in Mexico Alido, Nakajima joint leaders Pussycat Dolls set for reunion tour after 10-year hiatus Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH After disposing of a Rain or Shine team that dragged his team into three tough battles in five days, Barangay Ginebra coach Tim Cone is now bracing for what he calls the “monsters” of the Philippine Basketball Association.ADVERTISEMENT Google honors food scientist, banana ketchup inventor and war hero Maria Orosa MOST READ Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Typhoon ‘Tisoy’ threatens Games Families in US enclave in north Mexico hold sad Thanksgiving John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View commentslast_img read more